Oh man, so much has gone on! I am stir crazy today. Completely and utterly going nuts stuck here. I want to go back to the coast but there are germ gremlins everywhere now that it is school holidays and fuel prices and food prices are through the roof to capitalise on the tourists.
I finally got down to the inlet the other week for a swim and it was STUNNING. Absolute heaven on earth. I was so, so, so happy to get in the ocean again. I was just floating there for ages. I did get a bit worried at times because of all the shark attacks in the state lately, but I was in the inlet and not the open ocean so it was still and clear blue, so hopefully I would have seen a shark coming.
I stayed until some other people arrived and decided to set up camp right on top of my bags! I was literally the only one there on kilometres of open sand and beach and these dumbasses decided to put their chairs over the top of my bags! So I got up and moved and they laughed and I said yeah not like there is space anywhere else. I moved down the beach and got in again anyway. I didnt want to leave. The salt water wrecked my hair, it is rarely knotty but even after I washed it, its been knotty ever since! I forgot how salt water did that.
The grand final football was on on the weekend, my long suffering team got there. And blew it. 4 minutes, 20 seconds to go, we were ahead, we had it won. They rang the Warfie Time bell to stir up the crowd and carry us home. It stirred up the competition who kicked a few goals and beat us by 7 points. It was the most devastating loss that I have EVER seen in my life. The state is in a state of shock. People are still crying. If you ever want to watch a game of AFL (Aussie Rules) football, this is the game to watch. It really was a brilliant grand final game of football, even if we couldnt get the win. I am glad I watched it and Kylie Minogue was a superstar for the pre game show. I sent my dad this meme and now I am out of the will.
Right, the poodle is driving me mental. Its a break in the rain so I better take her walkies. I wish I had a safe yard I could chuck her outside by herself but I saw a snake in the shed and dead tiger snake on the road by my fence so I am not risking it!